Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Listomania: What's going on in my world

 photo 019c3ef531f2841e68994e03e3f24d17_zps148a6269.jpg


When catching up on one of my favourite Blogs recently - The Littlest Things - I was struck with motivation. Sophie had created a list of her current life and despite it being a simple post it really made me think. Why hadn't I done this before? I am a chronic list-maker in my day to day life when it comes to all manner of things to do (job tasks, groceries, dates to remember, you name it) but I don't often sit down to write about what's actually on in my life, to appreciate it and to be present. So I made haste and wrote my list. Not all of my list is introspective but I think it provides a nice little package of my present state. So here we go - time to cross this one off the list.

My List - November 2013
- eating: paleo foods (I am baking cinnamon apple crisps as we speak and my house smells like Christmas!).
- drinking: as much water as I can, along with Green tea, smoothies with almond milk, banana, spinach and berries and the very, very occasional red wine.
- practising: building my confidence - I've had a pretty rough year this year so I'm doing my best to build myself back up. I'm also practising visualisation techniques and trying to create new mind patterns. Yup really. Oh and also my photo skills so I'm better equipped to capture moments.
- mastering: crossfit - ok, not mastering but I've started it and am feeling muscles I've not felt for a loooong time.
- learning: gratitude. I'm really trying to identify the things I am grateful for. I do sometimes take things for granted and want to move away from that mindset to one of thankfulness as I believe this will make my life fuller and more positive.
- playing: with my blog, a bunch of other social media and my hair cut and colour (although not drastically on those last ones).
- finishing: a cup of tea.

- reading: bucketloads of blogs, magazines and a few new books including Benjamin Law's 'The Family Law' and The Happiness Code by Domonique Bertolucci. 
- enjoying: writing, experimenting with new recipes and watching back to back episodes of The Only Way is Essex- listening: to the wind outside and the whir of my computer as it heats up.
- needing: a pay rise, a holiday and time to clear my head and 're-set'. 
- wearing: my pyjamas...but on the weekends I am rocking the maxi-skirts and gladiator combo.
- wondering: if I can convince our landlord to allow us to get a puppy...I want one so bad!!
- working: at trying to upskill myself and score a job I love that makes me feel more fulfilled.
- liking: fresh roses and lillies in my living room- travelling: to the England and Hong Kong in February...how will I survive the wait?
- planning: for our overseas trip, namely what I'll wear, where we'll eat (can someone say Heston's?), and what I'll buy; only the big issues.
- wanting: a new summer wardrobe, but it ain't gonna happen this side of the New Year. Oh and just a little something called life direction and clarity.
- loving: my boyfriend. Recently we finally got a rare two days off together and it reminded me of how wonderful he is and how lucky I am to have him in my life. He makes my heart happy.
- wishing: I could have a white christmas and be living my dream life overseas.
- marvelling: at how quickly the year has gone.
- smelling: the apple and cinnamon baking in my oven - told you so! 
- hoping: I can achieve a few personal goals in the next few months.

So there is is. A whole mishmash of thoughts and goings-on in my current life. Why not try this yourself and let me know how you go? I'd love to read what's on your list

No comments:

Post a Comment